All week I planned to do another “This moment” post. The idea of having a sort of themed Friday really appeals to me. I like schedules. But today is here, and my photos are not uploaded, and I have a bunch of other stuff going on so I figured I’d do two lists, one of the good things and one of the bad. Perhaps, it might make me feel better about some things.
5 Bad Things Stressing Me Out Now
- (The Kitten) Mr. Darcy’s cheek is extremely swollen. He looks like a hamster who stuffed his cheek with food.
- I was coerced into taking Tex to the vet by my overly concerned parents, had to spend $167 on a blood test and appointment only to learn that Tex is completely fine (thankfully).
- The weathermen are saying it may SNOW SIX INCHES TOMORROW. Just in time for my dad’s Surprise Party. (REALLY? REALLY!? It’s not even November yet!)
- Because of increasingly cold temperatures and bad weather, Mr. Darcy needs to be able to be inside. But he cannot come inside until he’s had a rabies shot and been tested for feline leukemia and feline aides. I can’t afford to pay for his vet bills (and Tex’s) and so my dad may have taken him to the pound by the time I return home.
- Last week, my mom’s mom (my nonna) was in a bad accident. She’s been in the hospital since. Her body is in pretty bad shape, and the road to recovery will be very long. I can’t say more about it now but suffice it to say a car and bike were involved. (prayers/ positive thoughts sent her way are appreciated.)
Some eye candy for you:
10 Good Things I’m Thankful For Now
- I know for sure that Tex is healthy.
- Jon’s brother is lending me his tripod for my dad’s party tomorrow! YES! Hopefully my pictures won’t be blurry, unless I want them to be.
- I got to spend a lovely two weeks with an awesome kitty, even if it was time to say good-bye this morning.
- Planning and preparation. Almost all the deserts for the party were made ahead of time so there is only a somewhat stressful amount of stuff to do tonight and tomorrow instead of an overwhelming amount of stuff.
- My nonna is conscious, can feel her legs, and is beginning to heal.
- Jon’s helping me with party prep-work and making me smile along the way.
- My best friend is coming home AGAIN this weekend, and coming to the party tomorrow night!
- Jon and Tex are wearing coordinating costumes tomorrow and they’re awesome. I won’t tell you what they are, but will show you on Monday! I think I’m disproportionally excited about this.
- My dad is going to be 60 years old on Monday. I get to celebrate the fact that he is alive and well in a fashion I think he will very much approve of. He is the best person. I adore him and I am so thankful to have him in my life.
- I was able to find my favorite hand-knitted (by Jon’s grandma not me) hat this morning and it’s keeping me warm and covering up the greasy spots in my hair.
Just so you know, these lists did make me feel better. I realize I have a lot more in my life to be thankful for than stressing me out (twice as much good as there is bad).
You also might like to know, that we’re not being callous in having the party while my nonna is in the hospital. We were very close to cancelling it but she did NOT want us to do that, so it’s on.
I’m off to do 101 things before the party tomorrow. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, free of snow and other unhappy things that don’t belong in the month of October.