In honor of today being my little sister’s 23rd birthday, I thought I would share with you 23 Reasons why I love her. (Side note to Cass: I know there are a few things on this list that you might think are bad or embarrassing but really these are some of my favorite things about you. You’re perfect in your uniqueness. I hope you always hold onto these qualities with both hands; change for no-one. I love you so much and I wouldn’t change a thing about you, not even for a million dollars…)
1.Cassa has the most infectious laugh ever. When she finds something really funny, she laughs with her entire essence and it’s contagious. You can’t help but laugh with her.
2. She innocently asks the silliest questions. She must save up all her questions from our time apart to ask when we’re together. I bet it’s because I’m her older sister and she trusts me, but sometimes they are just so outrageous I can’t help but crack up.
3.She’s an accountant but she always asks me to do the everyday math, like calculating sales prices and tips.
4. She calls me up to ask what she should make for dinner. Then she calls me back to ask how to make it.
5. She has the worst sense of direction of anyone I’ve ever met, ever. It’s endearing.
6. She sings show tunes with me, quite loudly, sometimes with no music to back us. Occasionally, she knows some of the words, but never the notes.
7. Once, she accidentally let her dog walk in wet cement.
8. Another time, she realized half way on her way to the vet, that she forgot something… her dog.
9. She confuses cities, for countries, for counties, for continents. Understanding geography is not her forte.
10. She occasionally repeats phrases that she heard wrong and never understood. It’s hilarious and I wish I could think of an example but I can’t. (Update: Jessi gave me some examples: “The cradles have turned.” “It was the straw that broke my back.”)
11. She is absolutely gorgeous but has no idea just how pretty she is.
12. She remembers to send cards, flowers, or presents for all the appropriate occasions. I admire this, because I’m terrible at it. (side note to Cassa: I will order your present tonight, you should get it next week sometime…)
13. Whenever she goes out to sushi with me, we get a complementary roll from the sushi chef.
14. Whenever we go to Dunkin Donuts, she gets several extra free donuts from the Dunkin Donuts guy.
15. She buys nice clothes which she decides she doesn’t like so I get.
16. She has such a giving soul. And she gives the best presents.
17. She’s learning to cook, and tries exotic (to me) recipes like Pork Chops. It impresses me.
18. She actually likes beer, and drinks it. ( I hate it and highly admire any woman who enjoys the taste).
19. She has the craziest curliest hair and she looks like a lion when she doesn’t straighten it.
20. She introduced me to some of my favorite people. Her best friends have become some of my best friends. She is a great judge of the character of women. (Historically, her taste in men has not been as good.)
21. When we were little, she ALWAYS forgot to wear underwear. ” Mom, we have to turn around, she forgot again!” was shouted by yours truly from the back of the car on the way to school.
22. She can be in the worst mood ever and then twenty minutes later be laughing and have forgotten about it.
23. Because of her, I am a big sister. It is my favorite title. She’s my little sister and my best friend and I miss her when we’re not together.
Happy Birthday Cassa Mae!! I love you so much.